Tuesday, August 7, 2007

jaws with windows vista

hey all. My first post on here.
well, I want to discuss jaws opperating on Microsofts new opperating system: Windows Vista
When I first got my computer, I bought new SMAs because my current one didnt support jaws with vista. I had found jaws relatively good with vista. It seems to handle all the new graphics well, however the new arro interface is disabled when you activate jaws.
One of the major setbacks I found was response time with vista. One of the things I have noticed is that jaws doesnt respond as quick as it did when using windows XP. When I first installed jaws, I thought it was my keyboard settings, or even setting the keyboard response time, but everything was at maximum. I then tryed getting a hold of freedomscientific, and they suggested it was my soundcard, and told me to upgrade. Well, thats a bit of an issue, because I have the latest release of my soundcard drivers.
Also, one of the other things I have noticed is my keyboard layout. I dont know weather this is just my brand of keyboard, or windows. I cant access oposterphy, because the oposterphy key rights something else. Everything is off on this keyboard.
I have also noticed that narator starts up everytime I start jaws. I got everythint unchecked in my ease of access sentre, but still I cant get narator to stop coming up with jaws.
So, as you can tell, jaws with vista definitely has its ups, and downs. More downs Iv noticed, but hopefully they can resolve the other issues in the next release of jaws.

No comments: